Buying a home
Buying a home can be intimidating — But at Hob Sigmon Realty we work with you every step of the way, so you are not alone. We’ve helped buyers all over the Central Virginia area buy and sell their homes.
Making The Decision To Buy A Home
Buying a home is a big decision. There are some amazing opportunities currently available in the Richmond area. It’s a great time to buy a home!
Hiring Hob Sigmon Realty
- Go over the current real estate market with you
- Get to know your new home needs
- Find you homes that fit your criteria.
- Coordinate with other industry professionals during the process (i.e. mortgage lenders, title insurance, etc.).
- Negotiate with the home seller on your behalf.
Your mortgage lender will pre-approve you for a certain amount for your home loan; however, you will ultimately decide what you’re comfortable paying every month when it comes to your mortgage payment. You will need to determine how much you’re willing to stretch your budget in order to get into your next home. At Hob Sigmon, we have relationships with real estate professionals and are happy to refer them to you.
Finding Your Perfect Home
Don’t get overwhelmed with the amount of homes currently on the market. We have knowledge of all neighborhoods and communities throughout the Richmond area and often know about properties before they even hit the market.
Making An Offer
You’ve found the home you can’t live without, now what? Make an offer! Hob Sigmon Realty will research similar homes in neighborhood and conduct a comparative market analysis to establish the fair market value of the home you’re interested in.
Home inspections are an important part of the buying process. These inspections expose any hidden issues within the home. This allows you to know what you’re getting into before you close on the home.
You’ve taken care of getting financed, finding the home, making an offer and getting the home inspection, now the time has come to close on your new home. There are some important things to remember during this process:
- Don’t make large purchases during this time. Your credit must remain in good standing.
- You will receive a lot of paperwork to review and sign. Make sure to get these handled in a timely manner.
- Conduct a final walk-through of the home with your real estate agent
- Confirm you have the closing funds and insurance before the signing appointment.